My family

My family
My husband Bill, stepdaughters Allison and Kailey and stepson Hunter

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The beginning of something new

WELL.....here goes!! I am not a good writer, but I guess this may help my creative skills.

A few people told me to start a blog. I have been doing a lot of cooking lately and taking pictures of the things I make so I guess I should start sharing.

My blog won't be about cooking, photography, church activities, or my wonderful life, but it will be a combination of all of the above.

I absolutely love my life, even now when I am at rock bottom. Being at the bottom has humbled me more than anything and I think it has also humbled my husband and made him an even better man. I truly have been blessed with a great guy. He is someone that I have never dreamed of being with, but he has changed so much since the day we started dating. Thanks be to God!!!

I guess this is the start of something new for me. Since I don't work a lot and get bored frequently, this is something that should keep me busy!!

I love you all so much and hope and pray your life is as wonderful as mine!!

In Christ,
Starla

11 comments:

collettakay said...

I thought you said you didn't know how to write! That was a wonderful beginning!

My blog is a great creative outlet for me and has motivated to try many new things.

I am your newest follower!

Darlene's Quilts and Stuff said...

Starla read about your ne blog at Colletta's and thought I would check in and it is really good. Hope to read more of your life for a long time.
Darlene
PS I know Colletta from the quilting board

Jan said...

Nice to meet you Starla, and I found your blog through Colletta too! I look forward to seeing what you come up with on your new blog. I am a new follower, and I promise to visit again soon.

Kristie @ Comfy Cozy said...

Yippee!! I am doing a happy dance! So glad you decided to jump in and start your blog!! I am still learning the ropes...we can be newbies together!

collettakay said...

I've seen all kinds of picture taking contests all over blogland. You'll have to check them out!

MTJ said...

Hi Starla,

I was visiting Colletta's blog (for the first time) and I read about your friendship. I find it so refreshing that the two of you have remained friends over such a long span of years.

It is through her that I and others will learn of you. I join with Colletta and so many others who are praying for your health.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

Anonymous said...

Hi Starla, welcome to blogging. A few suggestions for when you get bored...pray for your fellow bloggers; share your personal Bible study discoveries with us; visit other blogsites and share your thoughts. I hope your blogging experience is a rewarding one!

Charlotte said...

Starla, I'm so happy to meet you. Yes, yes, blogging is so much fun. I was reluctant to start blogging. My hubby started about a year before I did and I was not at all interested in doing it, but then one day I started, and got completely hooked. Now I have several blogs. It does keep me pretty busy but I sure enjoy it. I'm sorry to hear of your health problems. I will pray for you.
Hugs & blessings,
Charlotte

Nikki (Sarah) said...

Hi Starla...Came over from Colette's blog. I'm glad you started a blog and looking forward to getting to know you.....☺☺☺

Donnie said...

We all had to start somewhere in this blogging adventure and it will definitely take your mind of things. Hope you enjoy it and have a blessed Sunday.

Kristie @ Comfy Cozy said...

Tap, tap, tap, Starla. Anxiously waiting for another blog post! :)